31st December 2020 – an update – LIARS prosper. Angela Eagle is made a fucking DAME in the New Years Honours list
We Know What She Did Last Summer
The first thing we should state here is that unlike our MP of the last 25 years, we’re Old Labour. In 1997 we gave Tony Blair a wide berth, and naturally, as the party drifted away from its old aims and values thanks to Blair’s entryism at the top, we haven’t voted for Labour since 1992, or since age 32.
Back then, we didn’t even know the full ins and outs of how Bridlington-born Oxford University graduate Angela Eagle – a CBI employee – had managed to get herself crowbarred in as the candidate for the 1992 Wallasey campaign. It was hidden away.
At the time, in our defence, and if memory serves, we saw politics very idealistically, through starry eyes, and through wanting our representatives to be good people.
We were unaware of the full extent of the frantic purging of left wing Parliamentary candidates nationwide.
This had been going on out of public view, centred around Neil Kinnock and Roy Hattersley’s dealings in the fabled smoke-filled rooms at Walworth Road, London’s Labour HQ.
With the help of an excellent 1992 Private Eye article, we blogged on this story last year:
As we can see from this, imposed candidate Angela Eagle benefited greatly from Lol Duffy and his team’s hard work in 1987, when he shook this Tory constituency to its very core, reducing the Conservative majority right down to 278.
Having burst in unwanted and stolen his thunder, we wonder if Angela Eagle ever got in touch to thank him for the sheer tenacity of his campaign, and the hard work that greased the path for 1992, winning her an extended stay on the political gravy train?
To add insult to injury, many think Lol Duffy would have won the seat in ’87 if Labour MP Frank Field in neighbouring Birkenhead hadn’t gone public a matter of days before the election, breached the party’s aims and values, and advised people to vote Tory, to prevent a Labour victory in the Wallasey seat.
Ironic isn’t it, that junior members can be suspended or expelled out of hand by the Labour NEC, and always for far more trifling matters than the out-and-out treachery Frank Field was engaged in. But highly-placed party wreckers even to this day appear beyond reach of the Labour rule book and are free to indulge themselves and act out their wildest fantasies – with carte blanche and full impunity, all granted by Iain McNicol of the NEC, who prefers to class their foul deeds as ‘expressing an opinion’. See Blair, Mandelson and Lord Levy.
Talking of which…
Bogus allegations – ‘homophobia’, ‘intimidation’, ‘bullying’ and ‘threats’
Let’s state here and now, we firmly believe that from the beginning – 24th June 2016, the date of the Wallasey CLP AGM – these allegations by Angela Eagle were completely fabricated. Let’s face it, pro-Israel members of the party have form in this area with their frequent levelling of bogus ‘anti-Semitism’ charges, weaponised and deployed tactically in order to tarnish certain reputations and drive people out. See Ken Livingstone and Jackie Walker.
By the spring of 2016, many long-term members of Wallasey Constituency Labour Party were feeling poorly served by their local MP Angela Eagle. But on the positive side, many had become energised by the 2015 election to leader of Jeremy Corbyn, Labour MP for Islington and a longstanding example of that rare, endangered species – a dignified, electable politician with principles.
The Corbyn victory appeared to be a chance for disparate, diverging paths within the party to converge, for people to unite, connect with and embrace the grassroots, and to finally put the tarnished Blair years behind them. It was long overdue. Wallasey CLP had backed Mr Corbyn for the leadership, and hadn’t overlooked their own MP Angela Eagle, nominating her for the position of deputy leader.
But rather than being accepted and welcomed as an opportunity, this gesture of goodwill was soon thrown back in their faces. In dictatorial fashion, Angela Eagle just wasn’t having any of it and as we know now, was busy plotting something else, another plan that was left unspoken.
Here is a link to a timeline of that period, early summer 2016, which traces the key events occurring at Wallasey as they unfolded:
Dates of note are:
- June 2015 – Wallasey CLP nominates Jeremy Corbyn for Leader and Angela Eagle for Deputy
- Friday 24th June 2016 – There have been no complaints about intimidation, entryism, bullying or homophobia before today, which is the crucial date of the 2016 AGM
- Angela Eagle does not attend the AGM
- Meeting elects new chair – Kathy Runswick, and new vice-Chair – Paul Davies
- Monday 27th June 2016 – Angela Eagle resigns from the Shadow Cabinet, states she is contemplating a leadership bid. States as her reason, Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘poor performance’ during the EU Referendum
- Saturday 2nd July – Report in Liverpool Echo* originating from Wirral Young Labour, claiming that there had been threats of violence at the AGM on the 24th June. It did not specify what the threats were, who had made them, or to whom they were directed. It’s the very first time that the Wallasey CLP had heard about such an allegation
* Notably, this Liverpool Echo report came a whole week after the AGM, but there was no mention this time of intimidation, bullying or homophobia. It was the very first time that any complaint about violence had been made at Wallasey CLP. As for the intimidation, bullying and homophobia allegations, these only materialised later, possibly after collusion between Angela Eagle and the 17 Labour members who would soon be assuming the protected and anonymous role of bogus “whistleblowers”, including the bringing of allegations – via the media – on behalf of Ms Eagle, who did not put her name to them and had instead taken a back seat
- Sunday 3rd July – Tessa Jowell appears on Sunday Politics [see 04:30] claiming that she’d spoken to Angela Eagle who had directly ‘faced homophobic abuse’ – which was a lie – and impossible – as it was a meeting which she had not attended. But the job was done and the slur was now out there.
- Tuesday 5th July – A full 12 days later, the Labour party smear machine finally kicks in, with its #fakenews story taking shape, as bogus ‘homophobia’ allegations are obediently reported in Pink News
- Thursday 7th July 2016 – Wallasey branch of the CLP meets and votes to support Jeremy Corbyn. Motion is forwarded to CLP for meeting on the 22nd July
- Thursday 7th July 2016 – Liscard Councillor Bernie Mooney appears on the BBC North West Tonight TV news programme, claiming she’d witnessed ‘homophobia at Angela Eagle’ on 24th June 2016 – this was impossible, as Angela Eagle was not even there at the AGM, as previously stated
- Sunday 10th July – BBC reports that Angela Eagle will launch a Leadership bid in an attempt to “heal the party”
- Tuesday 12th July – Bogus smears are invented by the Eagle camp and reported in Business Insider regarding an event planned at a Luton hotel. This was heavy on the hype, reporting an Angela Eagle claim that the meeting had to be cancelled due to ‘threats towards hotel management’. However, this was later proven to be malicious and completely fake. The hotel managers revealed that it had been cancelled because the venue was not large enough for the expected turnout. But the fake news reports through Eagle-favoured press channels and tweets remain in place and uncorrected, as though the hotel management’s explanation had never been given
- Wednesday 20th July – Wallasey CLP suspended indefinitely
What’s noticeable throughout all of the above is that complainants who rush to the media at the first opportunity, as these did at every turn, have an uncanny knack of getting their allegations printed before any fact-checking process is permitted to intrude. It’s a fine example of the old Churchill quote about a lie winging its way around the world before the truth has a chance to get its boots on.
It appears that the fervent rush to smear and scandalise Ms Eagle’s now hobbled colleagues at suspended Wallasey CLP won out over caution, and the chosen newspapers’ journalistic codes of conduct were simply ignored and rendered redundant. The press are required to have these checks and balances in place for very good reasons, but sadly, they’re simply given lip service and as we discovered to our cost, don’t figure when there’s a pressing story about an MP’s leadership, fake flying ‘bricks’ … and any time spent fact checking or doing the job properly would simply get in the way. So out poured the lies.
In order for Angela Eagle and staff to carry out their day-to-day parliamentary function, the Labour Party rent out two rooms – it is believed – within a building known as Sherlock House, in Manor Road, Wallasey.
We’ve called at this building, made enquiries directly and discovered that it’s shared between Labour and their landlord, the owners of the building, who also undertake their own separate business functions within Sherlock House.
At an unknown time, overnight, on the 11th or 12th July 2016, a window on the ground floor, north eastern elevation of this building was smashed by a brick. The window was the bottom pane of a set which cast light onto a shared, communal stairwell and nothing to do with Angela Eagle’s Constituency office, which was on another side of the building. This didn’t stop the #Fakenews:
…and a whole lot more.
Much later it became clear that the brick had been retrieved from site by the police, in response to a Freedom of Information request – not via the media. It wasn’t a ‘brick’ per se as the creative headlines at the time led us to believe, and eventually, 6 months later – in January 2017- thanks to the same FOI placed with Merseyside Police, it finally emerged as a ‘piece of masonry’.
With Angela Eagle having announced her leadership bid just two days earlier, caution was cast to the wind, and the rush to get the story out was done at breakneck speed.
Not only did Police and Crime Commissioner and long term friend of Angela Eagle, Jane Kennedy of all people turn up at this broken window (which had nothing to do with Angela Eagle), but she’d done her investigations on the spot and come up with an answer for whodunnit by the time reporters and photographers arrived.
As for the professionals, Merseyside Police, they’re still struggling to this day – with no evidence to speak of – and haven’t a clue who it was. The case is now closed.
It seemed like half the UK media descended on Sherlock House that day. And as though it had all been planned in advance, there to greet them at extremely short notice were these two local Labour Party officials, eager to get on camera, have microphones thrust under their noses, so they could burst into an urgent story and convey their findings to the waiting public:
So after watching these items on the national news,and reading the newspapers the next day, the British public were left in no doubt that it was Labour members and Jeremy Corbyn supporters wot did it, probably the nasty suspended local ones from Wallasey, eh Sherlock? Elementary !
But here’s something we never saw on the news or in the papers, because the reporters who turned up to #Brickgate either couldn’t be arsed, were out to smear Corbyn, or were in far too much of a hurry to do their jobs professionally:
As we can all see, 25 metres away from Sherlock House is a notorious pub and trouble spot, known as the Royal Oak. Next to the broken window runs a public footpath used by the Royal Oak’s customers.
In other words, despite the garbage churned out in the biased, politically-motivated NEC Disputes Committee report:
- the window IS accessible
- the window IS on a public footpath
- it is HIGHLY LIKELY that any random passer by could have thrown the piece of masonry
- the missile was most likely chucked at chucking out time the night before
We say this due to the proximity of this notoriously violent pub and because, as in July last year, you can still walk up to the shared stairwell window and touch it.
You can also walk up to Angela Eagle’s Constituency Office window (the one left untouched by any brick or piece of masonry) and touch that also.
So much for the close attention being given to the security of our MPs post Jo Cox’s murder.
This is interesting and factual…
So is this, a statement by Merseyside Police, in response to a Freedom of Information request, sent a long time ago, but finally responded to many, many months later, when the whole thing had died down and the media circus had moved onto its next unfortunate, hapless prey.
You will not have seen this in any mainstream media newspaper:
So there we have it. The above stands in stark contrast to the screaming headlines of last summer – which portrayed the total opposite – and this is final, factual confirmation from Merseyside Police that we were lied to by Angela Eagle, her media adviser Imran Ahmed, and were duped by the 17 local councillors and Labour members who brought malicious and totally false allegations against their Corbyn supporting colleagues, and who claimed in the newspapers to be ‘whistleblowers’.
August 2021 Update
Ahmed is still spreading his hate, beneath the careful guise of ‘countering’ it!
Many of these people live in Wallasey and are the same ‘team’ who will soon be doing the election doorstepping they love to boast about; that “once every five years” knock on our doors, seeking our votes, in the run up to the 8th June 2017 General Election.
How dare they?
As the 2015 General Election approached, we had a knock on our front door. Ten minutes later, we sent Seacombe Councillor Christine Jones visibly into reverse and re-tracing her steps backwards onto the pavement, then scurrying off into her husband’s arms after providing her with:
- a detailed lesson on the proven abuse that was meted out by Wirral Council to Angela Eagle’s learning disabled constituents in Moreton, Wallasey, when £736,756.97 was plundered from their bank accounts over a 9 year period
- how the council perpetrators were protected, gagged and paid off £220,000
- how Angela Eagle publicly did next to nothing, preferring to protect the battered reputation of the Labour party rather than make a stand on behalf of her own vulnerable constituents – council-abused citizens – who couldn’t protect themselves
- how ‘independent’ – but didn’t declare an interest – ‘investigator’ Anna Klonowski was paid a total of £377,000, but roundly and deliberately failed to keep a verbatim record of interviews or to proceed to investigate crooked councillors because she ‘didn’t have the time available’
- and how the proven, power-abusing council abused its power again by choosing its own desired method of ‘putting things right’ – an LGA ‘Improvement’ Board which gave us a farcical, expensive and crushing whitewash that achieved nothing and only succeeded in putting everything back to square one, with the same abusive staff and councillors rewarded, still in situ, and back abusing their power and their service users
Angela’s (and Frank Field’s and Alison McGovern’s) silence on abuse, as it was played out, proved very effective because although Councillor Steve Foulkes, the chief perpetrator of the cover up, stood down after two votes of no confidence, he was nominated to be elevated to Mayor of Wirral by his deputy, proven liar, West Kirby’s Phil Davies, an inveterate liar (see here, here, here, here, here, and here) who resides in a part of the borough where people live 12 years longer on average, but who carries out his dirty political work in the far less salubrious districts of Seacombe and Tranmere.
So Foulkes the leader and denier and coverer up of hideous abuse became Mayor – Wirral’s first citizen – tarnished the dignity of the office, and spent a year being courted, feted, ferried around in a chauffeur-driven limousine and lording it over the little people. Imagine that.
Cheers Angela. Cheers Frank. Cheers Alison. Cheers Phil.
And here’s news of how Angela Eagle’s dreamt up bullying, intimidation and homophobia allegations finally collapsed, as everybody expected.
But too late.
Through the very immediate power of the press, TV and radio, the lies have now stuck fast and held in the minds of the public, and the damage has been done.
Wallasey CLP, whose Corbyn supporting members are all completely innocent, remain suspended to this day – for no reason but Angela Eagle’s political expediency and desperate desire not to be exposed as a scoundrel.
We know it’s a tired cliché, but we do genuinely, in our quieter moments, think about the abuse of learning disabled people, the calculated lies and the complete lack of accountability, and wonder how these callous and dangerous thugs sleep at night.
As for the June election, remember, you don’t vote for the leader, you vote for your local MP. So please look in the mirror and ask yourself one direct question…
Will I be voting for Angela Eagle?