Dear Mr Xxxxx,
Here’s a hypothetical scenario.
· Previously banned citizen advises council he’s going to make a DPA Subject Access Request.
· Council responds to say that they are preparing advice to help with the process and asks for the relevant subject areas
· Citizen responds with those areas (having been tricked into revealing them)
· Council destroys much of the sensitive, would-be incriminating and potentially reputation damaging data.
· Citizen makes the delayed DPA Subject Access Request.
· Council truthfully answers that they only have in their possession a limited amount of data and responds by supplying the non-sensitive, mundane stuff left over that wasn’t destroyed in the pre-planned purge.
Please can you advise?